Raspberry Pi cluster
- Support up to 7 Pi Compute Module (CM) 1, 3, 3+
- Issue in this release
- CM3 is 1G DDR2 RAM, can up to 32GB eMMC memory $53.95, Not enough RAM
- okdo 3+ 8G RAM US$30, V1 only support Max 7G RAM?
- Support Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Serverless, Microservices
- Platform: Minecraft, Plex, Tensorflow, Jupyter Notebook.
- US $189 + $15 ship to Canada
Turing Pi v2
- Support four CM4 Lite and 8G RAM version, it is cheaper then version 1
- CM4 can have 1,2,4,8G DDR4, SD card or external eMMC (4G RAM, 32G eMMC, wireless $87.95)
- 2021-Jan: Simon will wait for Turing Pi v2
- 2021-Mar/May: YouTube review is not good, expansive and something about CM4.
Making my own cluster for K8S experiment
- Buy 4 x RPi 4b 8G ~CAD $109 each. Plus Tax & shipping from BC, each costs ~CAD $125 = $500
- Fan is very cheap ~CAD $10
- 5V 10A Power Supply ~CAD $12-15
- Network switch ~CAD $23
- PVC + screw ~CAD $10
- Making my own short 4 LAN cable ~CAD $4
- 4 x 32G SD RAM for Ubuntu ~CAD $30
Buy RPi Rack Case?
2021-Jul Find this CAD $74.99 RPi Rack Case from Amazon.ca
I like this case, but it is too late. I already created my own. If I create another RPi cluster, I will but this one. It has 8 bays for RPi and hard disk, and I like the big LED fans.